The Colomba d’Oro is ready for the 2024 Arena di Verona Opera Festival
As the 100th Arena di Verona Opera Festival closed triumphanthly, the City of the Colomba d’Oro, with the Arena di Verona Foundation, proudly released the program of what will be the beginning of its “new century ” the 2024 Arena di Verona Opera Festival: a program of 46 performances that promises to enchant and captivate audiences from all over the world.
For Opera lovers, 2024 will be the “Puccini year” as it will mark the first centenary of the death of the great Giacomo Puccini; to pay homage to teh Maestro, the premiere of the 101st Arena di Verona Opera Festival will be held on June 8, 2024 with “Turandot”, his most spectacular work, with the dreamlike sets by Franco Zeffirelli.
By the way, the sets of the opera that will close the Festival on September 7, 2024, Bizet’s “Carmen”, are those signed by Maestro Zefirelli as well.
But the 2024 Festival program will be dedicated to Puccini also with two other masterpieces of his, namely “Tosca”, which will see the highly acclaimed soprano Anna Netrebko in the title role, and two dates of “La Bohème”, a long-awaited return after fourteen years, played by an exceptional cast.
All this just a few steps from the Colomba d’Oro, the 4-star hotel closest to the Verona Arena, the Amphitheater whose stage embodies the dream of any fine music lover, which will also host performances of “The Barber of Seville” and “Carmen”.
A special mention deserves Verdi’s “Aida”, which has always been the queen Opera of the Verona Arena, and will celebrate its 111th anniversary in 2024: the Arena Foundation is celebrating such anniversary staging, for the first time, two completely different versions of this masterpiece during the same festival. In the first ten performances, from June 14 to August 1, the youngest and most innovative production of “Aida” will in fact be revived, i.e. the non-traditional “crystal” set signed by Stefano Poda in 2023; after which, from August 10 for five evenings, the more historic and classic Aida set will return instead, created in 1982 by Maestro Gianfranco de Bosio and inspired by that of the very first Arena Aida, conceived in 1913 by Ettore Fagiuoli.
There will also be space for iconic shows such as Roberto Bolle’s ballet, Plàcido Domingo’s Spanish arias gala, Ludwig Van Beethoven’s beloved 9th Symphony, and Orff’s exciting Carmina Burana.
– “Turandot” by Giacomo Puccini, directed by Franco Zeffirelli: June 8, 15, 22 and 29 (starting at 9.30 PM);
– “Aida” by Giuseppe Verdi, with 2023 sets by Stefano Poda: June 14, 20, 23 and 28 (starting at 9.30 PM), July 7, 11, 18, 21, and 26 (starting at 9.15 PM), and August 1 (starting at 9.00 PM);
– “The Barber of Seville” by Gioachino Rossini, directed by Hugo De Ana: June 21 and 27 June (starting at 9.30 PM), July 6 and 12 (starting at 9.15 PM), August 24 and 31 and September 6 (starting at 9.00 PM);
– “Carmen” by Georges Bizet, with sets by Franco Zeffirelli: July 5, 13, 20, 25 (starting at 9.15 PM) August 3, 8, 17 and 23 an September7 (starting at 9.00 PM);
– “La Bohème” by Giacomo Puccini: two nights only, July 19 and 27 (starting at 9.15 PM);
– “Roberto Bolle and Friends” ballet super show on July 23 and 24 (starting at 9.30 PM);
– “Tosca” by Giacomo Puccini, with sets by Hugo De Ana: August, 2, 9, 16 and 30;
– “IX Symphony » by Ludwig Van Beethoven: August11 (starting at 9.45 PM);
– “Aida” by Giuseppe Verdi, with 1982 sets by Gianfranco de Bosio recalling the very first production of 1913, on August 10, 18, 22, 29 and September 5 (starting at 9.00 PM);;
– Plácido Domingo with his “Noche Española” gala: August21 at 9.00 PM;
– “Carmina Burana” by Carl Orff: September 1, at 9.30 PM.
The luxury rooms in downtown Verona of the Colomba d’Oro and the Verona Arena await you, for a dream stay after a great evening of music and entertainment.
Harvest season in Verona: an experience in the heart of tradition of wine and oil making
Verona and the Colomba d'Oro will welcome you with their warmth and their passion for tradition, inviting you to discover the secrets that make fine wines and extra virgin olive oil of Verona unique.
The best place near Verona Arena with easy connection to Veronafiere Exhibition Centre
The Colomba d'Oro, the 4-star hotel in the center of Verona located in the heart of the city and close to the Verona Arena, is already preparing to welcome visitors to next autumn Verona fairs.
Architectural treasures all around the Colomba d'Oro
The city of the Hotel Colomba d'Oro, a hotel with luxury rooms in Verona, offers architecture of great beauty and variety. Come and discover all!